As a Sound Designer, you will be responsible for creating and implementing high quality sound effects within Unity while working closely with the Audio team. You will champion a large portion of the audio development within the company while discussing and implementing feedback from the Game Director.
- Create and implement outstanding sound effects and bring the overall soundscape to the highest quality
- Design audio with the intention to foster a satisfying experience for players while maintaining the established aesthetic of the soundscape
- Self-sufficiently manage your workload and maintain thorough communication with the audio team
- Design exciting combat sound effects for players and enemies including magic, melee and enemy vocals
- You will closely collaborate with other disciplines like level design, game design, VFX, animation, programming, to create an emotional and high-quality experience for the players.
- Well-organized, resourceful, and capable of managing competing priorities
- Ability to take charge, express ownership, and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to efficiently work in a completely remote environment
- Strong English communication skills, both written and spoken, and the ability to collaborate with other team members
- North America hours of availability - can attend meetings during 1300 - 1800 time window
- 2+ years of experience in professional game development as a Sound Designer
- High proficiency with Unity, Fmod Studio, and digital audio workstations (Reaper/Pro Tools etc.)
- Exceptional skills in sound design and music implementation for games
- Strong collaborative skills with other departments (design, production, QA)
- Can provide examples of previous work
- Experience in Github or other version control software and tools
- Work from the comfort of your home
- Base salary is negotiable based on experience
- Flexible hours outside of core ones
- Multiple weekly game nights with the team (optional)
- 100% paid health coverage premiums for U.S. based employees
Please email your application to [email protected] and include any relevant demos or portfolios for our team to look through. We are looking forward to speaking with you!